- Commercialisation of production of matooke as an industrial raw material
- To ensure continued food security
- High input strategy- utilising fertilizers including the biomass dryer by-products.
- Soil management best practices-through training & research
- Irrigation/fertigation will be modelled initially at TBI & later in selected communities tapping into Bushenyi District vast water resources.
- Agro diversity
This will lead to a commercially competitive productivity of:-
- Plant population increased up to 2200 stools per ha.
- Productivity up to four bunches per stool per year.
- Minimal crop loss through wind damage.
- Yield increased from current 7tons/ha/year to 70-80 tons/ha/year.
- Cost per Kg falls up to 5 times hence increasing competitiveness of banana flour on the market.